Just like how humans communicate that something is wrong through verbal and non-verbal cues, most machinery comes with indicators to let operators know when there is a problem. The same can be said for a typical aircon unit, and when it experiences an issue, its light starts to blink—a sign that we should never ignore. There are three main causes behind a blinking aircon light, and in this article, we will delve into each of them, the steps to take, and how aircon repair in Singapore can help prevent further complications from arising in your aircon system.
More often than not, a blinking aircon light is caused a malfunctioning thermostat. Essentially, the thermostat regulates the temperature in your room by relaying information to the aircon unit, and if the thermostat starts to fail, you may experience erratic temperature changes in your room and unpredictable system shutdowns.
What to Do:
- Check the thermostat settings to ensure they are correctly configured.
- Clean the thermostat's sensors to get rid of dust and debris.
- If the issue persists, consider engaging professional aircon repair in Singapore that can help inspect and repair the thermostat.
Faulty Electrical Components
Your aircon unit comprises a series of complex components, including capacitors, relays, and wiring. These parts are usually rather fragile, and without proper care and maintenance, they can wear out or get damaged over time. When this happens, the electrical flow in your aircon may be disrupted, causing the aircon to malfunction.
What to Do:
- Switch the aircon off at once to prevent further damage.
- Attempting to fix these components can be tricky, and you may risk further damage. We recommend contacting a professional technician who is adequately equipped to fix your aircon properly by diagnosing and replacing faulty electrical components.
- Regular aircon servicing in Singapore can help identify and prevent electrical issues before they lead to a blinking light.
Aircon leakages, especially those from the condenser unit or refrigerant pipes, can also cause your aircon light to blink. These leaks are normally caused by wear and tear, corrosion, or poor installation, and this then triggers the blinking light.
What to Do:
- Switch your aircon off immediately to prevent further damage.
- Seek help from reputable and reliable aircon repair in Singapore to inspect and stop the leak. Professional companies would also typically recharge the refrigerant to ensure that the system continues to operate smoothly and efficiently.
- Regular aircon servicing can help detect and address potential leakage issues early before they escalate. Servicing includes procedures like chemical washing, and while the aircon chemical wash price isn’t necessarily peanuts, there are trusted companies in the market, such as Coldway, that can offer these services and more for reasonable rates.
Learn more: Aircon Gas Leaks and Its Causes
The Importance of Timely Aircon Repair and Servicing
blinking aircon light is a clear indication that something is afoot within your aircon system, and ignoring it will only lead to more complicated and costly repairs down the line. Moreover, if you’re trying to beat the Singapore heat, or if you’re running a business that requires constant air-conditioning, it’s important to keep your aircon units in good working condition at all times.
One of the ways to achieve that is through regular aircon servicing in Singapore. Consider scheduling regular maintenance by a professional aircon servicing company in Singapore so that any potential issues can be nipped in the bud before they’re allowed to worsen.
To this end, Coldway offers affordable, effective, and fuss-free aircon repair, maintenance, and servicing in Singapore to keep your unit running smoothly for the years to come. With our experience and expertise, we’re committed to helping you enjoy a cool and comfortable environment wherever you are. For more information about our services, please contact us.